What can I do?
To protect yourself and others from the new coronavirus (Covid-19), you should apply the following hygiene measures:
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay at home.
- Wash your hands regolarly with soap and water.
- Sneeze and blow your nose in a tissue handkerchief. Use each tissue only once and throw it away immediately in a covered rubbish bin.
- You don't have a tissue? Sneeze or cough into your elbow.
Help us slow down the spread of the virus:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Avoid shaking hands, kissing or hugging each other.
- Watch out for those most at risk, i.e. people over 65 years of age, people with diabetes, heart, lung or kidney disease, and people with weakened immune systems, among others.
- Contact between children and the elderly is not recommended. Children do not get seriously ill from the coronavirus but they can spread it easily.
- Keep enough distance (1.5 metres) when outdoors.
Measures for everyone's health
Anyone can contribute to the fight against the coronavirus.
On the one hand, to slow down the spread of the virus and on the other hand to protect the vulnerable people in our country.
What should I do if I'm sick?
Do you have fever and/or respiratory problems (such as coughing and breathing difficulties)?
- Stay home
- Call your doctor and report your symptoms. Do not go to the waiting room or the emergency department. The doctor will determine by telephone whether you can stay ill at home or should go to hospital.
Can I still be tested?
At the moment only serious cases and care personnel are being tested.
Where can I find information
In the FAQ you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the new coronavirus.
Do you want to offer, sell or produce equipment such as masks, respirators, spare parts, gloves, protective gown, etc.? Do not hesitate to contact us via this form.
Information for Health Care Providers: Sciensano website
Do you have any questions after reading this information? Send us a message or give us a call
(+32 78 15 17 71 from outside Belgium)
• (week) from 8 a.m to 8 p.m
• (week-end) from 10 a.m to 8 p.m